We are pleased to announce the short and feature length documentary films in competition at ttff/22. Films in juried competitions are rigorously discussed and dissected before being selected by the programming team, and must be unanimously agreed by the five programmers. They are then watched, scored and debated by the relevant jury, with the winning films ultimately being those which receive the highest aggregate scores. All the winners will be announced at the ttff/22 awards, 27 September, with cash prizes and trophies furnished by our sponsors.
For film synopses, screening details and director bios, please click the links (indicated as blue underlines) below.
BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE FILM
- Lo que se hereda (It runs in the family), directed by Victoria Linares Villegas
- Mafifa, directed by Daniela Muñoz Barroso
- Mr Emancipation: the Walter Perry story, directed by Preston Chase
- Paroles de nègres (The words of negroes), directed by Sylvaine Dampierre
- Studio 17: the lost reggae tapes, directed by Mark James
BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM
- Danaé, directed by Julio Benito Cabrera
- King David, directed by Walt Lovelace
- Pam’s kitchen, directed by David Gwynn
- Still we thrive, directed by Campbell X
- Strictly two wheel, directed by Ania Freer
- The sound of the time, directed by Jeissy Trompiz