The trinidad+tobago film festival is delighted to announce the ttff/22 award-winning films! Don’t forget, you can watch the many of these films tonight at MovieTowne (POS) at 8.00pm in screens nine and ten!
- Best Student Film: Take Care, directed by Shun Tachizono
- Best Film as Decided by a Youth Jury: Lo que se hereda (It runs in the family), directed by Victoria Linares Villegas.
- Honorable Mention: Talia’s Journey, directed by Christophe Rolin
- Winner of ‘Love in the 21st Century’ smartphone competition, Love natural, directed by Kristof West
- Best Documentary Short Film: Strictly 2 Wheel, directed by Ania Freer
- Best Narrative Short Film: Twa Fèy (Three leaves), directed by “Eleonore Coyette + Sephora Monteau
- Honorable Mention: Ici s’achève le Monde Connu (Here ends the world we’ve known), directed by Anne-Sophie Nanki
- Best Documentary Feature Film: Paroles de Nègres (The words of negroes), directed by Sylvaine Dampierre
- Honorable Mention: Mafifa, directed by Daniela Muñoz Barroso
- Best Narrative Feature Film: Cette Maison (This House), directed by Miryam Charles
- Honorable Mention: Una Pelicula Sobre Parejas (A Film About Couples), directed by Natalia Cabral + Oriol Estrada
- Best Trinidad + Tobago Film: King David, directed by Walt Lovelace
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!
Films in juried competitions are rigorously discussed and dissected before being selected by the programming team, and must be unanimously agreed by the five programmers. They are then watched, scored and debated by the relevant jury, with the winning films ultimately being those which receive the highest aggregate scores. We extend heartfelt thanks to all our esteemed jury members!
#seeyuhself #ttfilmfestival #ttff22