Under the mentorship of film critic and ttff/22 festival programmer, BC Pires, the Youth Jury allows young people to take part in reasoned, if passionate, debate about film. Many jury members have gone on to study film at university and several now work in the industry. The Youth Jury has proved to be a gateway and developmental path for young future film industry professionals. The Youth Jury views and considers for award recognition, films which focus on young protagonists dealing with coming-of-age issues, challenges and triumphs.
For film synopses, screening details and director bios, please click the links (indicated as blue underlines) below.
BEST FILM AS DECIDED BY A YOUTH JURY
- Cracked, directed by Lin Que Ayoung
- Lo que se hereda (It runs in the family), directed by Victoria Linares Villegas
- Los niños de esta casa (The kids from this house), directed by Eduardo Ceballos
- My maxi, directed by Andrei Pierre
- Oya, directed by Hira Hosein + Ais Rutherford
- Scarborough, directed by Rich Williamson + Shasha Nakhai
- Talia’s journey, directed by Christophe Rolin
- Twa fèy (Three leaves), directed by Eléonore Coyette + Sephora Monteau