We are pleased to announce the student films in competition at ttff/22. Films in juried competitions are rigorously discussed and dissected before being selected by the programming team, and must be unanimously agreed by the five programmers. They are then watched, scored and debated by the relevant jury, with the winning films ultimately being those which receive the highest aggregate scores. All the winners will be announced at the ttff/22 awards, 27 September, with cash prizes and trophies furnished by our sponsors.
For film synopses, screening details and director bios, please click the links (indicated as blue underlines) below.
BEST STUDENT FILM
- Cracked, directed by Lin Que Ayoung
- El río encantado (The enchanted river), directed by Marina Santana De la Torre
- Hide!, directed by Shaochen Wang
- Meet the Guptas, directed by Pranav Nayak
- Mami (Mommy), directed by Jeure Tavare
- My friend Alexander Grigorievich, directed by Pavel Zelenov
- No entry, directed by Kaleb D’Aguilar
- Oya, directed by Ais Rutherford and Hira Hosein
- Take care, directed by Shun Tachizono
- Los niños de esta casa (The kids from this house), directed by Eduardo Ceballos