The trinidad+tobago film festival (ttff) celebrates films from and about the Caribbean and its diaspora, as well as from world cinema, through an annual festival and year-round screenings. In addition, the ttff seeks to facilitate the growth of Caribbean cinema by offering a wide-ranging industry programme and networking opportunities.
- Cultivate and grow the global competitiveness of Trinidad and Tobago film through screening local films and enabling filmmakers to receive audience feedback at Q&A sessions and from discussions with fellow filmmakers
- Leverage ttff’s position as a unique product (a niche film festival focused on promoting Caribbean content in a developing film industry) to distinguish itself in the international market
- Provide training opportunities to T&T’s producers and directors through organising face-to-face meetings and workshops with international and regional film industry professionals.
- To develop skills training and industry acumen so that they may successfully engage with industry professionals for finance, distribution, sales and coproduction activities
- Train filmmakers to better equip themselves to pitch their projects to industry professionals during the ttff’s biannual Caribbean Film Mart
- Provide training to improve the quality and skills of local filmmakers by running workshops on a variety of topics based on feedback from local filmmakers such as to help writers and actors develop their craft to international standards with relevant stories, characters and story arcs that resonate globally
- Invite internationally recognised film industry professionals to T&T as trainers and introduce them to T&T as a unique film location with incentives and trained crews and then they become brand ambassadors who can promote these benefits internationally
- Nurture collaboration and strengthen capacity of T&T film professionals through interaction with local, regional and international filmmakers and experts in the field
- Support the government’s initiatives to diversify the economy through the development of the film industry as a viable economic sector that has the possibility of yielding significant returns
- Enable competitiveness in the creative sector internationally through the strengthened sustainability of ttff
- Increase the value of the ttff as a product by increasing the quality and diversity of the films it screens
- Increase the effectiveness of the training offered during ttff
- Promote brand ttff to visiting industry professionals and filmmakers, who can then promote ttff and by extension, T&T, in the international film industry
- Promote international publicity more aggressively and strategically tapping into the international promotion channels to make the ttff more known, and by extension to promote brand Trinidad and Tobago
- Develop partnerships with regional and international film festivals to facilitate the screening of an increasing number of T&T and Caribbean films and act as festival ambassadors Festival ambassadors using strategy and goal-setting to leverage attendance at specifically-selected international film festivals to find opportunities, promote brand ttff and T&T filmmakers and their films and increase our family of supporters all over the world