TTFF VACANCY: PUBLIC RELATIONS AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
CONTRACT: JULY/ AUGUST 2019
- BACKGROUND AND OVERVIEW
The trinidad+tobago film festival (ttff) celebrates films from and about the Caribbean and its diaspora, as well as from world cinema, through an annual festival and year-round screenings. In addition, the ttff seeks to facilitate the growth of Caribbean cinema by offering a wide-ranging industry programme and networking opportunities. The annual ttff, now in its fourteenth year, has become a mainstay of Trinidad and Tobago’s cultural calendar, and is well-established as the premiere film festival of the English-speaking Caribbean. This year’s iteration of the festival, ttff/19 carifesta edition, will be held in August – rather than September – to coincide with the largest regional celebration of culture in all its forms, CARIFESTA XIV. The film festival will run from 17–23 August, with free screenings at NAPA, APA, SAPA, Naparima Bowl and Shaw Park Cultural Complex.
Employment type: Contract
Duration: 08 July 2019 to 30 August 2019
2. SCOPE OF DUTIES
The Public Relations and Social Media Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing the promotional strategy for ttff/19 carifesta edition. The Public Relations and Social Media Manager will report to the interim Executive Director, and the job includes, but is not limited to:
- Deliberate planning, strategy, goal setting and implementation towards building public awareness and audience development for ttff/19
- Development of brand awareness and print/ online reputation
- Content management (including website)
- Reputation management
- Build and maintain press relationships
Content management duties include:
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content (for all social media and traditional media channels/ outlets)
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the ttff’s target audience.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video, written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way.
- Create a regular publishing schedule and promote content through social advertising.
- Leverage the right tools to manage your content.
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Integrate all channels of marketing (social media, SEO, email, print and digital marketing).
- Implement and manage all social advertising campaigns.
- Oversee design (ie: social media graphics for Facebook cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns,
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
Public relations duties include:
- Plan (including budgeting) and implement ttff/19 press conference.
- Maintain an up-to-date press list (traditional media, bloggers, online media etc).
- Create and implement a solid PR strategy for liaising with traditional media, bloggers, online media, mailchimp etc)
- Write and distribute engaging press releases that help build brand awareness.
- Regularly update all media of ttff’s activities.
- Build partnerships that can help to promote the film festival and all its activities (such as with LoopTT, bloggers, traditional media).
- Plan and manage all press bookings for filmmakers, stars and other relevant stakeholders during the ttff/19.
- Update and keep all press clippings.
- Log all press mentions (whether favourable or not).
- Generate a full media report on ttff’s media presence once ttff/19 carifesta edition is complete.
3. SKILL SET
- Fully proficient in: G Suite and Microsoft suite (Word processing, sheets, formulae)
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Mailchimp) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. (Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.)
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to ttff’s core offering.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress CMS (self-hosted).
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
4. WORK ETHIC
- Creative and independent thinker
- Able to spearhead and conduct research independently
- Highly motivated, proactive, organised, with a keen eye for detail
- Able to multitask under tight deadlines
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead as needed, problem solver, self-motivated, flexible, comfortable working in a hectic environment and a good sense of humour.
Applications: Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending a cover letter with two references and CV to email@example.com Please write TTFF VACANCY: PUBLIC RELATIONS AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER in subject line. Selected candidate must be own a laptop, work in the ttff office and be able to begin work by 08 July, 2019.