The call for submissions for the ttff/18 Caribbean Film Mart(CFM) sponsored by BP Trinidad and Tobago is now open. This year’s CFM will take place on the 22 and 23 September 2018 during the film festival.
The tttf/18 Caribbean Film Mart is seeking ten (10) narrative feature film and creative documentaries in development or pre-production.The primary goal of the CFM is to provide local filmmakers with professional levels of exposure and interactions between the T+T and the international film industry. This will be achieved by setting the scene for stimulating and creating viable cinematic co-productions; exploring new platforms and markets of distribution; and reviewing international best practices among other areas.
The selected filmmakers will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with, and pitch their projects to, international film producers, sales and acquisitions agents and film funds, forging partnerships that can lead to the production and distribution of their films.
A cash prize sponsored by BP Trinidad and Tobago for the Best Pitch will be awarded at the end of the ttff/18 CFM.
All applications must be for projects in development or pre-production to be made in Trinidad and Tobago. Either the producer or the director must be a Trinidad + Tobago citizen or permanent resident and must have lived in Trinidad and Tobago for a year continuously.
All submissions for the Caribbean Film Mart must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31 July 2018. There is no submission fee.
Additional details of the ttff/18 Caribbean Film Mart
The 31 July deadline for all submissions will be strictly followed. Filmmakers should not submit projects that do not fulfill the stated criteria. The ttff reserves the right to determine the eligibility of the submissions. Selected projects will be notified by the end of August.
- The main criteria for selection are the viability and quality of the projects and the demonstrable talent of the directors and/or producers.
- Each project will be considered on its own merits.
- If selected for the ttff/18 Caribbean Film Mart, a complete screenplay (for fiction projects) will be an asset.
- The project MUST be made in the Trinidad + Tobago and either the producer or the director must be a Trinidad+Tobago citizen or permanent resident and must have lived in Trinidad and Tobago for a year continuously.
- For selected projects, one representative, either the producer or director, must be present for the duration of the ttff/18 Caribbean Film Mart.
- Selected projects will receive industry accreditation for the Caribbean Film Mart.
- You may only apply if your film is still in the development or pre-production stage. However, if you have shot a teaser or trailer, you may still be eligible to apply.
- If you are selected, you must submit your completed script by September 15.
- Each applicant may submit only one project.
- Title of film
- Director, producer and writer
- Estimated running time
- Notes of intention from the director and the producer
- Script (if completed, in original language)
- Top sheet of the budget in local currency
- Financial plan including financing secured for the project if any
- Director’s CV
- Producer’s CV
- Links to work of the director and producer
Filmmakers are advised that the chances of making successful contacts during the Caribbean Film Mart are increased by a clear presentation of your project and a concrete description of the support or participation required.
Please direct any questions or comments to email@example.com
The trinidad+tobago film festival (ttff) celebrates films from and about the Caribbean and its diaspora, as well as from world cinema, through an annual festival and year-round screenings. In addition, the ttff seeks to facilitate the growth of Caribbean cinema by offering a wide-ranging industry programme and networking opportunities. The ttff is given leading sponsorship by BP Trinidad and the Ministry of Community Development, Culture and the Arts; supporting sponsorship by The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago and Republic Bank Limited; and contributing sponsorship by FilmTT.