A film competition marking Trinidad and Tobago’s 50th anniversary of Independence is now closed
The trinidad+tobago film festival and Flow invited filmmakers to submit short films on the topic of independence to a film competition celebrating the country’s 50th Independence anniversary.
We were looking for the best 50-second films that express what independence means to the filmmaker.
Submissions were accepted on any interpretation of the word independence and filmmakers were encouraged to be as creative as they wish and explore any aspect of what the word means to them.
- Films must be 50 seconds in length
- Films must be on the theme of independence (be creative!)
- Films must be the original work of the filmmaker/filmmakers and must not include any previously copyrighted material — including background music —without permission.
- Filmmakers may submit as many videos as you wish.
- The competition is open to all ages, professionals and amateurs.
- Entrants must be residents of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Minimum resolution for videos: 720 x 480 NTSC
- The competition is open from July 01–August 01, 2012.
- By submitting a film to the competition, filmmakers agree to allow ttff to use their film in promotional materials, including on our website.
Directors of the five best films will win a Flow package of services. The best film overall will also be awarded TT$5,000 at the ttff awards ceremony on September 30, 2012.